Bachelor of Education, B.Ed.
The B.Ed. Course is of one year duration and is under Mangalore University and recognized by the NCTE.
Eligibility for the Course:
1. A graduate who has passed the three year Degree Examination in Arts and Science (B.A./B.Sc.) conducted by the Mangalore University or any other University recognized as equivalent thereto by the Mangalore University, shall be eligible for admission to the degree of Bachelor of Education, provided:
She has secured at least 50% marks in aggregate either in the Bachelor’s Degree and/or in the Master’s Degree or any other qualification equivalent thereto are eligible for B.Ed. admission.
She should have studied any one of the languages and two out of the three electives among the subjects specified below:
Languages : English, Kannada, Marati , Urdu, Sanskrit and Hindi.
Electives : Physics, Chemistry, Botany, Home Science,
Microbiology, Zoology, Mathematics, Statistics,
Computer Science/Computer Application, Military
Science, Electronics, Biotechnology,
Arts : Archaeology, Psychology, History, Political Science,
Rural Development, Sociology, Geography,
Economics, Criminology, Data Processing, Education,
Physical Education, Journalism, English, Kannada,
Hindi, Marati, Urdu and Sanskrit.
3. Candidates who have obtained the B.A./B.Sc. degree from
Universities outside Karnataka State shall have studied in addition to the language subject at least TWO elective subjects listed under 2) in their three year course of study in B.A./B.Sc. by appearing in one Subject for at least two years and the principal subject for all the three years in the University Examination. They are required to obtain the eligibility certificate from Mangalore University.
4. Students of Universities outside the Karnataka State should produce the Eligibility Certificate from Mangalore University, at the time of admission. The application form may be obtained from the Registrar, Mangalore University, Mangalagangothri – 574199 on payment of prescribed fee. The application should be sent directly to the University.
5. Students of Universities other than the Mangalore University should produce the Migration Certificate.
6. (i) The Blood Group of the student has to be notified to the University. Filling in the Column No, 3.3 in the Application Form is absolutely necessary.
(ii) Candidates having defective vision and hearing should send along with the application, a certificate regarding eyesight and hearing.
Procedure for Admission:
The application form will be available on payment of Rs.200/- in Cash or by M.O. Applications should reach the Principal on or before . . . . . . . . Applicants must fill in carefully and accurately all the columns in the application form failing which the application will be rejected . The application filled in should be accompanied by the following:
- The enclosed two envelopes addressed and stamps affixed.
- Photo Copy of I, II & III year B.A./B.Sc./Master’s Degree marks cards.
- Photo Copy of the transfer certificate from the College last attended.
- Photo Copy of the Conduct Certificate from the College last attended.
- Photo Copy of the Migration Certificate in the case of students from Universities other than the Mangalore University.
- Photo Copy of the Income Certificate
- Selection for B.Ed. in this institution will be based on the marks in B.A./B.Sc. /Masters Degree.
Candidates selected will pay the prescribed fees, and produce the Original Marks Cards and the Certificates mentioned above, and four copies of pass-port size photographs in Saree, by the prescribed date.
The candidate’s name and spelling in all the certificates and the date of birth in the T.C. and the Application Form should match as a requirement for the Approval of Admission.
Photo Copy of the Original Certificates should be retained by you while submitting the Original Certificates.
Option of Courses:
Content Based Instructional Methodology – I & II: The College offers the following combinations of subjects under Content Based Instructional Methodology I & II
(i) Kannada and Social Science .
(ii) English and Social Science
(iii) Physical Science and Biological Science
(iv) Physical Science and Mathematics.
Area of Specialisation: Besides the two subjects under Content Based Instructional Methodology, each student takes one of the following subjects under the Area of Specialisation:
- Pre-Primary Education
- Action Research
- Educational Guidance & Counselling
- Women’s Education
- Non-Formal Education
- Health & Physical Education
- Value Education
- Environmental Education
- Special Education
- Fees will be collected as fixed by the Government of Karnataka and will be notified later.
- Ragging is strictly prohibited. If any incident on ragging comes to the notice of the Principal, the necessary action will be taken as per the regulations of the University.
- Further instructions on any changes in B.Ed. Regulations will be provided after notification by the Government.
- College regulations will be notified at the time of admission.
- The Students are required to wear the Saree on working days (no particular uniform)
- Hostel students are expected to come into residence the previous day of college reopening. Hostel accommodation is not confirmed consequent to the securing of a seat in the College. The candidate needs to apply directly to the Hostel Warden.