Bachelor of Education, B.Ed.
The B.Ed. Course is of one year duration and is under Mangalore University and recognized by the NCTE.
Eligibility for the Course:
A candidate who has passed any undergraduate and/or any post graduate degree and/or any equivalent examination offered by the universities having U.G.C. recognition.
There shall be relaxation of 5% marks in favour for SC/ST Category – I/Physically Challenged candidate. Reservation of seats for different categories are in accordance with Government order issued from time to time.
If the candidate has not studied the subjects taught in school as optional at Bachelors degree level for all the three years/two years at PG level, than candidate has to select one or two content courses as per the syllabus prescribed by the university and write an examination for 100 marks conducted by university and study content cum methodology course in the same subject in the B.Ed. course.
Students of Universities outside the Karnataka State should produce the Eligibility Certificate from Mangalore University, at the time of admission. The application form may be obtained from the Registrar, Mangalore University, Mangalagangothri – 574 199 on payment of prescribed fee. The application should be sent directly to the University.
Students of Universities other than the Mangalore University should produce the Migration Certificate.
The Blood Group of the student has to be notified to the University. Filling in the Column No, 3.3 in the Application Form is absolutely necessary.
Candidates having defective vision and hearing should send along with the application, a certificate regarding eyesight and hearing.
Procedure for Admission:
The application form will be available on payment of Rs.200/- in Cash or by M.O. Applications should reach the Principal on or before . . . . . . . . Applicants must fill in carefully and accurately all the columns in the application form failing which the application will be rejected . The application filled in should be accompanied by the following:
- The enclosed two envelopes addressed and stamps affixed.
- Photo Copy of I, II & III year B.A./B.Sc./Master’s Degree marks cards.
- Photo Copy of the transfer certificate from the College last attended.
- Photo Copy of the Conduct Certificate from the College last attended.
- Photo Copy of the Migration Certificate in the case of students from Universities other than the Mangalore University.
- Photo Copy of the Income Certificate
- Selection for B.Ed. in this institution will be based on the marks in B.A./B.Sc. /Masters Degree.
Candidates selected will pay the prescribed fees, and produce the Original Marks Cards and the Certificates mentioned above, and four copies of pass-port size photographs in Saree, by the prescribed date.
The candidate’s name and spelling in all the certificates and the date of birth in the T.C. and the Application Form should match as a requirement for the Approval of Admission.
Photo Copy of the Original Certificates should be retained by you while submitting the Original Certificates.
Option of Courses:
Content Based Instructional Methodology – I & II: The College offers the following combinations of subjects under Content Based Instructional Methodology I & II
(i) Kannada and Social Science .
(ii) English and Social Science
(iii) Physical Science and Biological Science
(iv) Physical Science and Mathematics.
Area of Specialisation: Besides the two subjects under Content Based Instructional Methodology, each student takes one of the following subjects under the Area of Specialisation:
- Educational Guidance & Counselling
- Health & Physical Education
- Value Education
- Environmental Education
- Pre-Primary Education
- Women’s Education
- Action Research
- Special Education
- Non-Formal Education
- Fees will be collected as fixed by the Government of Karnataka and will be notified later.
- Ragging is strictly prohibited. If any incident on ragging comes to the notice of the Principal, the necessary action will be taken as per the regulations of the University.
- Further instructions on any changes in B.Ed. Regulations will be provided after notification by the Government.
- College regulations will be notified at the time of admission.
- The Students are required to wear the Saree on working days (no particular uniform)
- Hostel accommodation is not confirmed consequent to the securing of a seat in the College. The candidate needs to apply directly to the Hostel Warden.
Subject of Study :
B.Ed. 01 : Philosophical and Sociological Perspectives of Education
B.Ed. 02 : Psychological Perspectives of Education
B.Ed. 03 : Secondary Education and Educational Technology
B.Ed. 04 : Computer Education
B.Ed. 05 : Content Based Instructional Methodology of Teaching - I :
B.Ed. 06 : Content Based Instructional Methodology of Teaching - II :
B.Ed. 07: Area of Specialisation :
A. Educational Guidance and Counselling
B. Health and Physical Education
C. Special Education
D. Value Education
E. Environmental Education
B.Ed. 08 : Practicum - I
B.Ed. 09 : Practicum - II
B.Ed. 10 : Community Orientation and Personal Competency Learning :
A. Physical Education and Sports
B. Socially Useful Productive Work (S.U.P.W.)
C. Service Learning
D. Co-curricular Activities
E. Citizenship Training Camp and Educational Tour/Field Trip