Masters of Education, M.Ed.
The M.Ed. Course is of one year – Two Semester Master Degree Programme in Education under Mangalore University and recognized by the NCTE.
Eligibility for Admission :
Candidates who have passed the B.Ed. Degree Examination of Mangalore University or the B.Ed. (Regular or Distance or Special Education) of any other University, and B.A.Ed./B.Sc.Ed., recognized by the NCTE and considered as equivalent thereto by the Mangalore University, with 55 percent marks (50 percent in the case the SC and ST) are eligible for admission to the programme. However, in the case of in-service teachers a relaxation of 5 percent marks shall be provided, if they have put in at least three years of service as certified by the D.D.P.I. of the concerned region.
Candidates of Universities other than the Mangalore University should produce the Migration Certificate.
Candidates of Universities outside the Karnataka State should produce the Eligibility Certificate from Mangalore University at the time of Admission. The application form may be obtained from the Registrar, Mangalore University, Mangalagangothri – 574 199, on payment of Rs.100/-. The application should be sent directly to the University.
Procedure for Admission:
The Application Form will be available on payment of Rs. 200/- in cash or by M.O. The Application Form duly filled in should reach the Principal on or before . . . .. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . Applicants must fill in the columns In the Application Form, carefully and accurately, failing which the application will be rejected. The Application Form filled in should be accompanied by the following :
- The enclosed envelopes addressed and stamps affixed.
- Attested Photo copy of the B.Ed. Marks Card and Degree / Provisional Pass Certificate.
- Attested Photo Copy of the Character Certificate from the College last attended.
- Attested Photo copy of the Transfer Certificate from the College last attended.
- Attested Photo copy of the Inservice Certificate, in the case of inservice candidates. (Inservice Certificate should be certified by the D.D.P.I. of the Region).
Candidates will appear for the Selection Interview at their own cost on the specified date which will be intimated to them.
Selected candidates will pay the prescribed fees and produce the Original Marks Cards and Certificates mentioned above as well as five passport size photographs, within a week after the selection.
Subject of Study:
FIRST SEMESTER :
M.Ed. 401 Philosophy of Education
M.Ed. 402 Advanced Educational Psychology-I
M.Ed. 403 Fundamentals of Research Methodology
M.Ed. 404 Optional Subject – 1
M.Ed. 405 Optional Subject – 2
M.Ed. 406 Computer Education and Applications
M.Ed. 404 : Optional Subject 1 and M.Ed. 405 : Optional Subject 2, shall be any TWO subjects opted for from the following :
1. M.Ed. 404 : Educational Technology
2. M.Ed. 404 : Educational Planning
3. M.Ed. 404 : Non Formal Education
4. M.Ed. 404 : Special Education
1. M.Ed. 405 : Elementary Education
2. M.Ed. 405 : Comparative Education
3. M.Ed. 405 : Educational Measurement and Evaluation
4. M.Ed. 405 : Social Psychology and Group Dynamics
SECOND SEMESTER :
M.Ed. 451 Sociology of Education
M.Ed. 452 Advanced Educational Psychology-II
M.Ed. 453 Research Methodology and Statistics in Education
M.Ed. 454 Optional Subject – 3
M.Ed. 455 Optional Subject – 4
M.Ed. 456 Dissertation
Internship in Teaching (Grade)
M.Ed. 454 : Optional Subject 3 and M.Ed. 455 : Optional Subject 4, shall be any TWO subjects opted for from the following :
1. M.Ed. 454 : Multi-media and Pedagogic Practices
2. M.Ed. 454 : Secondary Education
3. M.Ed. 454 : Education of the Disabled
4. M.Ed. 454 : Curriculum Development
1. M.Ed. 455 : Women’s Studies
2. M.Ed. 455 : Educational Management
3. M.Ed. 455 : Teacher Effectiveness – Analysis and Assessment
4. M.Ed. 455 : Guidance and Counselling